For me the real meaning of this is that support for new features in
closure library will stop in its actual form in the years to come.
Only bugs will be corrected, no more. This is already the case in a
sence I think, because before Dart, GWT was viewed as the new official
way to make new web applications at google.

Closure library is not where google put effort for new developpments.

GWT somewhat failed on some aspects and now google is betting on Dart.

For short term, this change nothing to us.

In the long term we might have to choose between staying on a legacy
library (closure library in JS form) or compile to Dart instead of JS.
For raw clojure script code, this would not be very important. As the
semantics could be preserved.

But call to APIs might change quite a lot. New APIs under Dart might
have really different behavior than actual closure library. Like in a
sence GWT API is already totally different beast than closure library.

Long term this might mean that instead of compilling to raw JS and
having a dependancy on closure library, we might choose to compile to
raw Dart and use new Dart APIs. In a sence to keep with the with the
latest trend and benefits of latest features.

This is not the only choice, as long as the closure compiler from
google is working and there are not too many bugs in closure library,
there is no real problem. As this is open source, nothing prevent us
to fix things ourselves if needed...

Maybe we are more interrested by the compiler itself and by the low
level closure API providing access to all browser features (DOM...)
than using "cutting edge" API that will not be idiomatic clojure
anyway.

If we want more idiomatic libraries, we will have to make them
ourselves anyways.

My 2 cents...