Hi all,

I am starting to learn Clojure after buying the book 7 Languages in 7
Weeks (really interesting read) and working through the examples
there. But my background is PHP (and no Computer Science degree) so my
understanding of data structures and in general, my understanding of
low-level CS ideas, is pretty limited to say the least - PHP only has
arrays (which I read are only 'ordered hash tables' in fact) and
objects so I've never had to think hard about which data structures to
use, nor how they actually work.

So I guess I'm asking whether anyone can recommend some good primers
on data structures, both as they relate to Clojure, but also how they
work in the fundamentals - e.g. what exactly is the classic model of
an 'array' and how does it work, etc. I have read the various
performance commitments for the data-types in Clojure on the .org site
but even things like Big O notation are still pretty new to me.

I'm sure this stuff is pretty basic for many, but I don't know it and
would like to!

I'm not afraid of some heavy reading; I'd rather get a really deep and
solid grasp of the fundamentals, then a quick surface-level solution.
If I'm to develop as a programmer I feel like I need to get looking
under the hood as it were, even though I can get by in PHP (for the
most part anyway) without this kind of understanding.

Thanks in advance,

Nic