Hi Everyone... Quick question about Rich's latest talk:

In it he eloquently argues that "you don't want to systems to communicate
with each other by calling each other's methods. Instead it is better to
just move values between systems that can also be queued."

It occurs to me that RESTful web interfaces essentially hide a big chunk of
state behind a bunch of methods (i.e. the URIs you can GET/PUT/POST to.)

Am I right in thinking that Rich's talk is an argument AGAINST RESTful
design? It seems to me his talk would suggest the best interface would
almost be a SOAPy interface, where all communication is to a single URL.
(Of course unlike SOAP the calls wouldn't consist of method invocations but
instead consist of a stream of values.)

Is this right?