> I just enjoy the speeches better by standing back a little bit.

Actually I'm quite annoyed that Rich doesn't say anything about how
important is to be able to forget facts, irreversibly filter things
out and reinvent the wheel again. Imagine a huge database full of
facts you're simply not interested in. What is it good for?

BTW there are stories about people not been able to forget. They
remember every useless trivia, quarrel or conflict they ever
experienced and they have to go over and over every good or bad memory
just to recall things like "Did I meet you before or after 2005?".
Pretty much like our databases: "select * from the
5TB-useless-stuff.txt what happened between BIG-BANG and NOW"

Bost