"Wm. Josiah Erikson" <wmjos...@gmail.com> writes:

> Aha. Not only do I get a lot of "made not entrant", I get a lot of
> "made zombie". However, I get this for both runs with map and with
> pmap (and with pmapall as well)

I’m not sure this is all that enlightening.  From what I can gather,
“made not entrant” just means that a JITed version proved to be invalid
in light of later code and new invocation paths won’t use the previous
version.  And “made zombie” just means all references to an old JIT’d
version have been lost, making it available to be GC’ed.

A copy of `conj` becomes “not entrant” after being used on both vectors
and lists, but the new version gets the same speed-up when used on
vectors as a copy which has only been used on vectors.  There’s
something else going on which is specifically affecting parallel calls
to the polymorphic version when applied to instances of
`PersistentList`, and `Cons`.

-Marshall