A natively compiled Clojure would be very very interesting (perhaps
targeting LLVM?)

However it would also be very hard to implement. Clojure depends on a lot
of features provided by the JVM (JIT compilation, interop with Java
libraries, garbage collection being the most significant ones). It would be
very hard to reimplement all of these from the ground up. The JVM is
already a very good host platform, why fix something that isn't broken?

Arguably the effort would be better spend improving the JVM with extra
features that would help Clojure (e.g. TCO).