Timothy Baldridge writes:

 > The important question to ask yourself (and I'll cover this in my talk), is
 > why do
 > you want native Clojure?

 > Interop with systems - Java has one of the biggest ecosystems on the planet

The Java ecosystem is big but concentrated on some application domains.
Other application domains (including mine, scientific computing) rely on
a "native code" ecosystem (C and Fortran libraries). The JVM is very bad
at interop with native code when large data is involved, because the
JNI puts security before efficiency.

The CLR does a better job there, so those looking for native interop
could explore ClojureCLR. The main problem there is the
Windows-centricity of the CLR ecosystem. Even if the CLR is in theory
portable, with Mono providing an implementation for Linux and MacOS,
many important tools and libraries for the CLR are available only for
Windows, or are a pain to use elsewhere.

Konrad.