On Monday, 28 January 2013 19:37:54 UTC+8, HamsterofDeath wrote:

> the only ides i have used so far for clojure are intellij idea and
> netbeans. is there one that is a lot better? if yes, why?
> i am not interested in details or single features, i just want to know if
> there is some magic editor out there that i should look into because it is
> *obviously a lot* better - like in "you should use an ide for java
> development instead of notepad"

As a data point, I have found the Counterclockwise plugin with Eclipse to
be excellent. My criteria for this are:
- It works as a full IDE environment, no need to task switch to other tools
- No obvious features lacking that limit your productivity
- Good integration with Java code and tooling, which I also use extensively

Features I like:
- A convenient integrated REPL with lots of shortcuts to quickly execute
code
- A good syntax-highlighted editor with various navigation tools (e.g. the
Namespace Browser)
- The paredit functionality is very good (does everything I need, at
least....)
- Excellent integration with Java projects, to the extent that polyglot
Java/Clojure projects are perfectly possible
- Great integrations with tools (I use Git and Maven mostly)

My main niggle is that Leiningen integration isn't as complete or easy as
it could be. But I use Maven anyway, so it isn't really a big deal except
for when I want to build other peoples' leiningen-based projects.