`lein deps :tree` will show you the tree of dependencies, and you can see
which of your dependencies has a bad dependency specification overriding
the one in your project.clj. Typically it turns out a dependency is saying
something like "I must have the very latest Clojure, whatever that is",
whereas your project is saying "I'd prefer 1.4, but if necessary to satisfy
more stringent requirements from another project I'll try to work with
anything".