On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Jules <julesjac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But now you still don't have leiningen, which is essential if you want to
> do anything non toy. The installation page of CCW does describe how to
> create a leiningen project, but doesn't say that you first have to manually
> install leiningen.

AFAIK, this is not true.   Eclipse Counterclockwise comes bundled with its
own internal copy of leiningen, and completely manages it for you.  You do
not need to manually install leiningen or understand anything about it
other than how to add dependencies to your project.clj file.

I personally think that Eclipse's ultra-simple install (just unzip it) is
refreshing relative to the complexity of other Windows install programs
which create a lot of junk on my desktop, start menu, and registry.  Once
Eclipse is unzipped, the installation of counterclockwise plugin is one
step and pretty clearly documented, in my opinion.  I definitely think this
is the easiest way to get up and running with Clojure on windows.

I can see how the counterclockwise site would benefit from a more
unambiguous endorsement of a specific version of Eclipse, for users who
aren't already using it and are downloading it for the first time.  There
are a lot of choices at the Eclipse site.  Also, I understand there a few
confusing aspects of getting started once everything is installed: starting
a project (leiningen project vs clojure project), creating a file to code
in (doesn't automatically do user-friendly things like add the .clj
extension to new files created in the project nor add a default namespace
declaration at the top of the file), and starting the REPL (there are a few
different ways to start a REPL and it is not obvious what, if any, the
differences are).