on the CCW hang you mention - I saw an issue that was marked as "critical"
on the bug tracker, two weeks ago. As I can't find it anymore I assume it's
been fixed. Are you sure you're using the absolute latest version?

If you are, you should open an issue.

I like your idea. Assuming curl is installed, when running `lein.bat
self-install` the user could be asked whether he wants to download "a fully
functioning Clojure development environment" or something like that.