Just a general pointer: the bytecode verification that the JVM performs
when loading a class has failed. There is a code path through the bytecode
of the mentioned method such that it pops more than it pushes (Java
bytecode is a stack-oriented machine language).

So it makes sense that it blows up only when you try to actually run the
code.

Why it blows up---no idea.