If I'm reading everything correctly:

1. Object 's .toString uses .hashCode()
2. LazySeq 's .hashCode() uses seq() which realizes a seq.
3. LazySeq 's .hashCode() calls .hashCode() on the realized seq
3. (map ..) creates a LazySeq with a fn to create (cons val (lazy-seq
(map f rest)))
4. (cons ... ...) creates a Cons
5. Cons uses Aseq's .hashcode() which traverses each object in the seq
and merges the hashcodes together.

A similar thing happens with a (range) as it builds a ChunkedCons
which also uses Aseq's hashcode.