I've been forgetting my car keys consistently for the last 20 years - but
now I'm in my mid 40s it's easy to blame it on ageing :-) I've been coding
for longer than I've been losing car keys, and I can't say I've noticed a
lot of decline.

As for the lack of grey beards at conferences (mentioned elsewhere) - some
of that is probably just demographics.  When I studied computer science it
was an obscure niche subject, with quite a small intake - indeed, I
enrolled in a double degree of computer science + engineering, as my father
advised me that "computers might be a bit of a flash in the pan - it's
worth doing engineering as well to guarantee yourself a career" :)

- Korny