2013/7/27 Steven Degutis <sbdegu...@gmail.com>:
> Sounds like that's only a partial list.
>
> It's not a long list. And each item is implemented in at least one available
> editor. So I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a single editor that
> does them all. And I'd pay good money for it. That's all I'm saying this
> whole time.
>
> Btw, to answer some of your questions:
>
> * by fuzzy matching at every prompt, I don't just mean code-completions, I
> mean filenames and command names and every prompt that has some kind of
> autocompletion

hmm, got it.

> * by jump-to-file I meant that I can type in a path within my project and
> jump to that file

yeah, Eclipse already has open Ctrl+Shift+R(esource) as I said, but
unfortunately they still haven't done the fuzzy matching on the path.
It's a shame, 'cause it's probably not that hard to add on top of the
existing stuff.
Really, lots of features are there, and now the work would be to
remove the fat in the UI :-/

> * by tabs I mean a sane tab-bar

That is not really helping :-)

> * by splits I mean how vim and emacs can split panes within a single tab or
> window

Oh yeah. Eclipse has that, but it only works from the mouse AFAICT.

All in all, interesting food for thoughts, thanks for sharing your
dreamed Editor / IDE :-)