I also like Clojure's syntax because it shows me the structure of my
function more clearly than does the imperative code I've written in other
languages.

My functions always turn out in either pyramids or triangles or walls. Each
function's shape indicates its nature very visually, including potential
flaws and ways it could be refactored.

For example functions with a pyramid shape usually turn out to be trying to
do both a cond-type branching and the work inside one/some of the branches,
which is probably too much responsibility for one function.

Short functions with a relative straight line going down the left edge is a
sign of good health. Walls are signs that I'm getting imperative again and
could either clean something up with -> or ->> or splitting out into more
functions, or maybe all of these.

I couldn't get this level of quality of visual feedback from my Ruby code.

-Steven