2013/9/5 Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com>:
> 2013/9/5 Roberto Guerra <uri...@gmail.com>:
>> I've been wanting to learn clojure for some time. Done some katas here and
>> there, but what has kept me from taking the dive is precisely the attitude
>> in the community that anything but Emacs is wrong. Yes, most clojure devs
>> are already using Emacs, but most newbies are not. And to be honest, I don't
>> want to learn Emacs, I want to learn clojure. So, in the spirit of the book
>> you are writing, get rid of the Emacs chapter. That should probably be in
>> another book. It is like trying to learn to read and write while building a
>> custom typewriter. Just my 2 cents as a complete clojure newbie.
>>

> Hello Roberto,
>
> I invite you to give Counterclockwise an honest try. Even if you've
> heard bad things about Eclipse in general (nowadays, vocal fanboys are
> on IntelliJ's side). Because you might be surprised.

With a link, it's even better : you can try the latest beta (pretty
stable) which is available as a standalone product:
- download for your OS from
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-travis000126-gitcd826fde979c1b13a4cb8acce5409ae88c761b81/products/
- unzip in a directory
- click on the executable ( Counterclockwise / Counterclockwise.exe /
Counterclockwise.app depending on your platform )

Yeah, it's that simple, and it embeds Leiningen as well ( File > New
Clojure Project creates leiningen aware projects )

Cheers,

--
Laurent