On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Alexander Hudek <alexan...@hudek.org> wrote:
> As Dave said, we can move to honeysql without too much trouble. However, it
> would be extremely useful to move the sql namespace to a separate library as
> an interim solution.

OK, I'll get that done soon.

> Out of curiosity, what exactly does entities do? It isn't immediately
> obvious from the document string.

entities (and identifiers) walk the contained expression and insert
the :entities (or :identifiers) argument into forms that support it so
that naming strategies are applied as expected. In other words:

(entities (quoted \`)
  (query (my-db)
    (select [:id {:title :name}] :thing
      (where {:status "active"}))))

is shorthand for:

  (query (my-db)
    (select [:id {:title :name}] :thing
      (where {:status "active"} :entities (quoted \`))
      :entities (quoted \`))))

So this generates:

  (query (my-db)
    ["select `id`, `title` as `name` from `thing` where `status` = ?" "active"])

--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."