If I understand you correctly I am in agreement.  I don't think you could
take this problem to clojure.core.reducers/reduce or fold because the
problem is inherently sequential is it not?

The reduction is basically (intersection (intersection (intersection A B)
C) D).

I was curious of this myself, how do I abstract out the order of the
(reduce set/intersection ...).  I couldn't think of one.

Breaking this problem out into 'parallel' units of reduction isn't possible
because the problem is dependent on order.  Which reducers can't have, or
so I think after what I have read today.