I used CongoMongo for my base web app with authentication
(https://github.com/xavi/noir-auth-app). When asked (a year ago) why I
didn't use Monger I said I prefer CongoMongo because it's smaller and so
probably easier to understand, and it does all I need
(https://github.com/xavi/noir-auth-app/issues/2). I still think the same.

Currently I'm using CongoMongo in a side project. I've built a kind of
Rails' Active Record on top of CongoMongo: it provides callback hooks like
:validator, :before-save, :before-create, or :after-create, and a few other
things that I needed for my project, like range-based pagination. I plan to
make it an open source library (although right now my priority is to finish
the project). If CongoMongo is discontinued I would eventually have to
rewrite this using Monger or something else, but I'm not interested in
following that path now. CongoMongo has worked, and it still works for me.
Like Mark said, I would like CongoMongo to stay nice and simple.

Not having used Monger, I don't know what you mean by "much richer
composable DSL", but in general I don't like using specific DSLs for
something that it already has its own language (I mean that MongoDB already
has a query language, so I prefer to use something as close as possible to
that, not another abstraction on top of that with its own limitations and
problems that at the ends doesn't save me from having to learn the original
language).

Also, more documentation is not necessarily better documentation.

Just my two cents.

Xavi