Hey Sean,

It's something I've thought about and will probably continue to decline
as a feature. cross-clj already does the easy half of that job:
providing HTML documentation and does it at least as well as Grimoire
does. Sure Grimoire could be extended to provide the same content, but I
see the value of Grimoire in its examples and extended documentation of
Core rather than in being a HTML render of the existing documentation.
As providing these things for contrib libraries is a significant
undertaking and there's already plenty to do in cleaning up the existing
Core docs I'm not likely to do it myself.

However I'm open to persuasion and PRs.
Reid

On 08/01/2014 06:47 PM, Sean Corfield wrote:
> This is very cool.
>
> Given the URL structure, have you given any thought to how contrib libraries 
> might be integrated into this in future?
>
> Sean
>
> On Aug 1, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Reid McKenzie <[email protected]> wrote:
>> For those of you who didn't notice the ten minutes of 500 pages as I
>> upgraded, I'm delighted to announce the Grimoire's 3rd release!
>>
>> This version would not have been possible without Robert Stuttaford, who
>> was a huge help in porting Grimoire off of the original Jekyll back end
>> to a real Ring server. Thanks also to Andy Fingerhut, thanks to whom
>> Grimoire now incorporates the Thalia extended docstrings.
>>
>> So what's new?
>> - HTML and plain text API! see http://grimoire.arrdem.com/api for details.
>> - Extended & unofficial docstrings from Andy.
>> - Pervasive edit links. If it's templated, you can submit edits to it.
>> - Redesigned examples system which allows for even easier contribution.
>> - Changes to symbol munging which may have broken bookmarks.
>>
>> This release breaks the "cider-grimoire" command for symbols with
>> punctuation and probably breaks some favorites as I took the opportunity
>> to discard some symbol munging which was really a Jekyll workaround. In
>> retrospect I shouldn't have mucked with that for backwards
>> compatibility, but live and learn. Andyf's cheat sheet should be updated
>> later today and the updated munge function should appear in next week's
>> Cider 0.7.0.
>>
>> Comments and complaints are welcome here and on the bug tracker over at
>> https://github.com/arrdem/grimoire/issues.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Reid

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Clojure" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Note that posts from new members are moderated - please be patient with your 
first post.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure?hl=en
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Clojure" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to