Sorry, didn't cover converse case.  That's handled by the ChannelSink
directly underneath.  Note that each write returns a Netty ChannelFuture
representing completion of the write, which is transformed into a Manifold
deferred.  Any time a Manifold put returns an unrealized deferred, that
creates upstream backpressure.