Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014 15:01:51 UTC+2 schrieb Daniel James:

> [...]
> Your function is good for use with `reduce`, but only that. I hope I’ve
> helped build an intuition for why it’s actually impossible to implement
> ‘group by’ as a transducer.

This is correct.  Unlike you, I am exclusively talking about the reduce
case: transformations on reducing
functions, and the general init-reduce-complete cycle represented by the
0/2/1-arities of the reducing
functions.  My use case is a reduce using the reducing function (xform f),
but by default transduce
does not pick this reducing function's 0-arity for its init value, but
rather uses (f) instead.

-- Michael