> The blocking put is made on a separate thread (channel named res), then
> later a blocking take from that same channel is made in the second go-loop.
>

> Or are you saying "if it takes too long, parallelize via pipeline"? In my
> case I can't because the transducer is stateful. I can run multiple
> pipelines with multiple transducer instances if I split up the inputs
> manually and later merge the outputs. But since the transducer does all of
> the relevant work, I need to determine where it runs.
>

> The only alternative I see is to re-implement the transducer process
> within a thread/loop body and run multiple of those.

If you don't care about message ordering, you don't need pipline. I suppose
you could solve the "where does it run" problem by using a ThreadLocal, but
that feels pretty dirty. Running parallel loops taking from the same source
channel and putting into the same target channel, is pretty easy to
implement by hand. I have some code doing batch-indexing, where I used this
paradigm, if you're interested.

I am not familiar with the JVM locking mechanism of core.async so what
> should I be worried about when the "transducer is executed inside the
> channel lock"? Are other channels going to have to wait if it is too slow?

The channel lock only affects put! and take! on a channel, as well as
transducers attached to that channel, so no need to worry about this for
your regular go-blocks.