Hey all, just chiming in that I use Clojure for exploratory analysis,
prototyping, and "production." Most of my work involves social networks and
aside from my own libs I use: core.matrix, Loom, and gg4clj (ggplot!). I'm
also a big fan of core.typed type annotations and Schema for data
validation and coercion.

I used Clojure for implementing the method described in this paper:
Revelle, Matt, et al. "Finding Community Topics and Membership in Graphs."
*Machine
Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases*. Springer International
Publishing, 2015. 625-640.

And the code is available at:
https://github.com/gmu-dmml-lab/senc

I also have a utility library that will likely become a few separate
libraries in the future:
https://github.com/mattrepl/munge

It has some basic IO for common formats (Matrix Market, various graph
formats, R tables), helper functions (some of which are no longer needed)
for core.matrix and Loom, and simple text processing.

My biggest pain point with using Clojure is the kludgy access to decent
plots (nothing on the JVM comes close to ggplot) as well as missing
functions for probability distributions and model fitting. I've tried
various substitutes (or written my own), but nothing is as polished as R.

-Matt