It might be premature optimization, or you could view it as a different
approach, for a different usage scenario.
I'm myself pretty content with the literal approach, we're using this in a
fairly large application and haven't experienced any problems with regards
of performance or amount of data attached to users so far.

On the other hand I see these suggestions as a way to experiment with
alternative approaches, which might as well teach me something...

Stefan Kamphausen <ska2...@gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 13. Okt. 2016 um
10:29 Uhr:

> Hi,
>
> Doesn't that feel like premature optimization to you, too?  Bitmasks are
> much harder to read than sets with spelled out roles and I wonder if the
> performance gain is really worth that. And it poses a limit of 64 roles.  I
> have seen several enterprise applications that had far more than 64 roles
> and/or permissions.
>
> Or am I missing something here?
>
> Just my 2ct.
>
> Kind regards,