On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:56:58 PM UTC-7, Kyle Cordes wrote:
> On Friday, October 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Joel Holdbrooks wrote:
> > One more thing regarding library support in Sass. Many of the frameworks
> > you'll find out there which give you a responsive grid, button helpers,
> > etc. are trivial to implement in Clojure. Many times it's just simple
> > arithmetic or map manipulation. Some frameworks like
> >

> It seems pretty slick to use one strong programming language (Clojure) rather
> than a collection of ad hoc programming languages. I wonder if it is feasible
> to convert Sass code to Clojure code that uses Garden to emit CSS - rather
> than starting from scratch, this would make it possible to pick up an
> already-polished Sass-CSS starting point then run with it leaving Sass behind.
>

> --
> Kyle Cordes
> http://kylecordes.com

Well said. There has been some initial work on trying to extract the good parts
of something like Compass or other Sass libraries but nothing has surfaced yet.
On my behalf, this has been more an issue of time and where my energies are
currently focused. My hope is that fairly soon I should be able to dedicate
more energy into improving Garden across the board so that it is a stronger
candidate when folks have to make these sorts of decisions.