Well, we never added "fancy printing", just data printing of Throwables. :)

But we were working on this in the context of another thing that got moved
out and I have pulled that back as a separate ticket:
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1703

Haven't talked to Rich about it yet, but we'll discuss for 1.7.