Another red pill rescue... ;-)

I know how you feel... My day job is all in C++ and JS so it is nice to go home
and work in a sane language.

I sometimes apply the general principles I've learned to the day job and I
challenge myself to translate certain idioms from FP to C++. I've noticed that
some of the most reliable C/C++ I've run across in the wild tends to be more
functional in style. Const used to be an anachronism but now I reach for it
early and often.

I also educate my peers on better ways to achieve the same things (without
being too preaching or over-enthusiastic.) Some get it, others don't. You can
lead a horse to water...

I hope you find a good outlet for your FP skills and that the day job isn't too
unbearable.

Alan

first post.
---