On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:36 -0500, Kashyap Ashwin wrote:
> I wanted to bring up a potential naming conflict here. There is already
> a libtidy.so that is available and it does some HTML cleanups (and
> unrelated to clutter).
> Just in case this will be packaged and pushed to a distro, it will be an
> issue.

it's probably not going to happen, like libegg is not currently
packaged.

tidy is either going to be imported into a project - either in its
entirety or just the interesting bits. as I said, this is a "reference
implementation": if you are building a platform you'll probably want
your own toolkit with its own style. if you are building an application,
you can copy libtidy directly inside your project.

in any case, libtidy shared object is not libtidy.so, but
libtidy-1.0.so, and everything is also accessible using pkg-config (as
it should be), so there are no "real" conflicts with the W3C tidy.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, OpenedHand Ltd.