On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 13:48 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 16:41 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Is there any plan to add an equivalent for the old ClutterBox,
> > ClutterVBox and ClutterHBox containers?
> > http://clutter-project.org/docs/clutter-ClutterBox.html
>
> And may I this old code as the basis for a custom container example in
> the tutorial? I'd like the examples to be public domain licenced.

I'm going ahead with this in the hope that it will be OK.

Clutter*Box in 0.4 implements the child positioning by implementing the
ClutterLayout interface.
http://svn.o-hand.com/view/clutter/branches/clutter-0-4/clutter/clutter-hbox.c?rev=1328&view=markup

That has been removed in Clutter 0.6.

TidyFrame seems like the simplest example so far for the new way of
doing things with Clutter 0.6. It seems to position its child during the
ClutterActor::request_coords() implementation.
http://svn.o-hand.com/view/tidy/trunk/tidy/tidy-frame.c?rev=105&view=markup

Is this the generally recommended way to do things with 0.6, or am I not
seeing some more explicit mechanism? Is there a 0.4->0.6 porting
document somewhere that covers this already?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com