Hi;

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 18:16 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Could you explain a bit more about this, please? It seems to be
> something to do with focus/reactivity, maybe even involving a drawing an
> outline of the actor sometimes, though I don't think I've ever seen such
> a thing in a clutter program.
>
> static void
> clutter_group_pick (ClutterActor       *actor,
>     const ClutterColor *color)
> {
>   /* Chain up so we get a bounding box pained (if we are reactive) */
>   CLUTTER_ACTOR_CLASS (clutter_group_parent_class)->pick (actor, color);
>
>   /* Just forward to the paint call which in turn will trigger
>    * the child actors also getting 'picked'.
>    */
>   if (CLUTTER_ACTOR_IS_MAPPED (actor))
>     clutter_group_paint (actor);
> }

So clutter has 2 painting modes - the regular one you see and the
picking one - which essentially just renders offscreen per reactive
actor color coded silhouettes (usually just quads) of actors so it can
quickly figure out what actor a pointer event relates to. Thats
basically what the above is doing though Im not sure why we are checking
the mapped flag - that probably isn't needed - pippin, ebassi ?

  == Matthew