On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 12:38 +0200, Bartosz Kostrzewa wrote:
> Hi Emmanuele, thanks for the update. I had two questions because I
> haven't been following the source for clutter much.
>
> >     o Remove all the units-based API from ClutterActor, and migrate all the
> >       positional and dimensional accessors to use floating point values when
> >       dealing with pixels. All the properties dealing with pixels now that a
> >       floating point value as well. This change does have repercussions on
>
> How are the floating point values actualized as real screen coordinates?
> Currently I often have actors that are animated only slightly "stutter"
> while moving because of rounding problems. Is this now done "smartly"
> internally to minimize stutter?

no: it's all up to you. the floating point values are passed to the GL
API underneath.

>  >     o Move Timelines to pure time-based objects.
>
> Will timelines now run exclusively with the default fps setting? Can I
> be certain that n_frames is still time*default_fps ?

there are no more frames. every time the scene is redrawn, all the
timelines advance of the corresponding time elapsed since the last
paint. the redraw cycle is bound to the sync-to-vblank rate or, in case
your driver does not support it correctly, we have a default FPS setting
that can be tweaked.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--