Am 6. Januar 2017 23:37:00 MEZ schrieb da...@daryllee.com:
>And the answer is...
>
>I recently installed an IDE from a not-to-be-named company that I do a
>
>lot of business with.  The installation of that software places their
>installation directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and guess what? their
>installation contains a copy of libQtGui.so and libQtCore.so.  The
>"ldd" tip led me to that discovery.  For now I have put
>/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu in front of their path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>and cmake-gui V3.7.1 is working.  I may have to come up with a more
>permanent fix, but for now their stuff seems to work and CMake seems
>to work, so I'm claiming victory.

Maybe as a customer you should tell them about this bad experience. They should
either set RPATH in their programs or should set LD_LIBRARY_PATH only in a
start wrapper script.
In a program that lets the user start other programs, RPATH should be preferred
or  LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be cleaned up for child processes.

HS