Hi Brad, Alan,

See below.

Yes, I have both - one in $PREFIX/mingw64/bin and one in $PREFIX/usr/bin. The
latter is the MSYS2 version.

> @Arjen: to answer Brad's questions you should modify our top-level
> CMakeLists.txt
> to also report CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_NAME (just in case that is not the same
> as CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME which we already report there).  >

The MinGW version of Cmake reports Windows for both variables and the MSYS2
version reports MSYS.

I set CC and FC to x64cc and nagfor respectively before invoking CMake (either
version), so that the proper tools are used. However, the problem is that
sometimes the configuration fails, sometimes the build fails. There is very
little information about what is going wrong. Or there is a lot I simply fail
to find the wanted needle in that haystack.

I have also had a situation where the Freetype library was recognised but the
build failed on a bunch of unresolved externals.

Further complication: my trial licence for NAG Fortran ends today :(.

So, the exercise up to now has brought us a nice way to use NAG Fortran in its
native environment, but without the benefit of installed packages under
MinGW-w64/MSYS2.

The number of combinations to try is also rather big, I am afraid. That would
require a lot more trial and error, if no pruning is possible.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.