Lee, first good morning to you. I am glad you asked. Since your husband mat
be considered to be disabled because of the CML and if so then he should
first file for Medicare benefits as soon as he can which may cover up to
80% of his medical bills then make sure that he, and by the way you as well
have a supplemental insurance policy.

And here is why... You must remember even though he may be denied and when
and if he is excepted then Medicare goes back from when he first filed he
would be entitled to hiss monthly payment. An yes it usually does take two
not three years to get approved.

If i were your husband i would start speaking with your doctors to try and
make sure that they try and get you as a disabled person.And i speak from
experience because when i was ill with CML i was only 45 years old and had
have a bone marrow transplant and spoke to one of my social workers and she
helped me through all of this and it was retroactive from when i first
filed.

I sincerely hope that your husband will take advantage of what i have told
you.

18's (The symbol for Life)

Good luck

Marty