Lee,

You can get on disability and collect a monthly check from Social Security.
While you can apply by yourself without a lawyer, they will probably
decline you and it could take years. I recommend contacting Smith and Heard
in San Antonio, TX. They got my disability very quickly and you do not have
to pay anything up front. They take a percentage of your first check and
you never pay anymore. You will fill out some paper work and your doctor
will fill out some too. The first check pays back pay from the date you
were unable to work. Smith and Heard specializes in disability cases and
will not take your case unless they can win. I hope this helps. They sure
helped me. Social Security will put you on Medicare once you are on
disability.

James in Texas