Going on 16 yrs on 400 gm of  Gleevec, when I was diagnosed with
sclerosis of the Liver. My Oncologist at Moffitt Cancer Center lowered my
dosage to 200. After a year, I was still in remission.No Philadelphia Bug
found in the last 15 yrs. Six months ago I was told I may be a candidate
for a clinical trial for individuals like me. I had to go thru a list of
questions and when I was done I was told the trial had closed. I decided to
take my self of the Gleevec and spoke to my oncologist and he told me that
he felt I may be CURED (Which I don't like that word) Well its been 3
months so far and no changes. Looking forward to the future. I was also
told I would have to be off Gleevec for two years before they would be able
to tell me the good news. Has anyone else tried to go off Gleevec????