I was in the hospital when I got the blood clots.  I had a slight sore spot in
the calf of my right leg.  It was not hot or red like I have read.  My symptom
was low oxygen in my blood, found because I was on monitoring devices.  I was
not short of breath and I felt fine.  They did many tests and finally found
that I also had blood clots in both of my lungs.  Then I was given intravenous
blood clot busters and put in a higher observation part of the hospital.  I
stayed in the hospital an extra 4 days because of these clots.  When they
finally turned me loose I had to give myself shots in the stomach of lovenox
twice a day until the warfarin they started in the hospital got to a certain
number.  I think I just have to have faith that they are dissolving.  They
haven’t said anything about any further tests.  I will have to be on warfarin
for between 3 and 6 months.  Doctor has not made that decision yet.
        Joyce in Southern Illinois