> Juxtapose.  Beautiful!
>
> After that bit of processing, I'm left with records containing 6
> space-delineated words.
>
> Is it even possible to have PIPE append the record into a STEM where the
> stem's name is Word6 in the record?

Look at VARSET for that. Basically you create records that can set the
variables.
You might even need the COUNT option of JUXTAPOSE to number the entries per
volume...

But it is probably much easier to do the rest of your processing in the pipeline
as well rather than fill in the REXX variables and loop through them.

He says, after writing a single 10 line pipe that re-allocates mini disks on a
set of new volumes ;-)

Sir Rob the Plumber