Stevan,

I own a 40-2 and have friends who own the AC.   Call me when you get a chance.

David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

To: stevanpla...@gmail.com; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:07:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 40 Aft Cabin?
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

Wouldn’t AC mean Aft Cabin?

Bill Coleman

C&C 39

From: CnC-List
[mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stevan Plavsa via
CnC-List

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 3:45 PM

To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

Subject: Stus-List C&C 40 Aft Cabin?

Hi All,

Still learning about the different models .. is there a
difference between the 40-2 and the 40AC? They look the same to me on paper, at
least, according to sailboatdata:

C&C 40-2

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=2500

C&C 40 AC

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=2501

I notice that many C&C 40-2s do not have the two opening
ports forward of the distinctive C&C fixed deadlights and it seems like a
desirable feature that some have. The one difference I can find is that the AC
seems to have a centerboard .. but I thought maybe it was optional on the
40-2.

Was there a cut-off year for the opening ports?

Was there any actual difference between the 40-2 and the AC?

These are all cored hulls I assume.

Thanks,

Steve

Suhana, C&C 32