From: Martin DeYoung [mailto:mdeyo...@deyoungmfg.com]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 10:23 AM
To: Raymond Macklin; Brad Crawford
Cc: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: RE: Stus-List 2GM20F Engine will not start - Possible Fuse Issue.

> Could it be heat related.

As the temp rises so does the DC resistance.  If the start / run wiring has
loose or corroded connections or undersized / corroded wires they may pass
enough voltage and current to work at lower temperatures but not when hot.

A starter solenoid may suffer from voltage drop as the wiring heats up pushing
it from just barely working to not working.

Brad, when you say nothing happened, does that mean the starter did not crank?
If so, I would follow the wiring from the key back to the starter and tighten
the connections if loose, repair corrosion if found before replacing the
starter and solenoid.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C 43