Kim — it sounds like the drive motor may have frozen up; when you try to engage
it, it draws too much current and pops the breaker.

If you disconnect the drive from the control head, you should be able to make
it turn by applying 12 volts across the two leads; the direction it turns will
be determined by the polarity when you hook it up.  If this doesn’t work, or if
you pop the fuse you of course put in line with the +12V lead, then the drive
motor is probably dead.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis