From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 2:03 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Wife dosen't like it when the boat leans

I'll let you guys know how the lessons help..

Racing did not help, she clammed-up even worse for fear that she'd screw
something up. Even if on that particular race, everything that could be
screwed-up was already taken care of  so no one really cared.  No amount of
screwing-up was going to make our last place any worse.  :-)

Giving her the helm.. Been there done that, same result.

Talking to other wifes.. It depends,  At the club parties it runs the gammut
from enthusiastic sailor ladies to killjoys that never come out sailing, just
show up for parties..  When she runs into the lather all they say is too hot,
too cold, too windy, too sunny, too humid, etc, etc.   then  I'm loosing ground.

I'm banking on the lessons..  Truth to be told, if you're that much not into
the boating thing, just sitting around on a boat is not much more fun than
sitting around anywhere else.. Especially given the fact that on the lake, when
it's (Really) windy, it's usually not very sunny, often a bit coldish,  so you
have to look at the big picture to appreciate what's going on.

On the plus she's fairly athletic so maybe once she told what's what by someone
else and understands better what's going on she'll get into the workout /
physical side of it and get a little rush that way...

I guess that's typical boat stuff:  one more thing to figure out...

-Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia.