  From: Michael Brown via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 4:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List boat batteries

  Any experience with Lithium-Iron batteries?

  I have a Costco group 31 deep cycle that I use for house and starting the
Atomic 4.
  In reserve is a group 24 AGM that is intended to only be used to start the
engine if
  the house battery dies or in an emergency to get home.

  I have considered saving some weight by making the AGM the house battery and
  keeping a LiPB battery as the backup.

  http://shoraipower.com/lfx36l3-bs12-p130

  550 cranking amps, 36 amp hour equivalent, very slow self discharge rate and
only 5 lbs.

  With the racing requirements of sealed batteries for any new units ( older
ones are
  grandfathered ) I will be into a Gel or AGM at a minimum. For my use a single
70 AH
  house is all I need, and a suitable reserve for safety does need to be
another 80 lb AGM.

  Also, in light use the LiPb may last a long time.

  Michael Brown
  Windburn
  C&C 30-1