From: Frederick G Street via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2014 11:09 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Online Captains License or class room?

Again, I don’t have my ticket; but talking with some people who do, if you get
into any kind of accident, it seems there is a different (higher) level of
scrutiny and possible liability if you have a CG license, even if you’re just
out sailing your own vessel for recreation.  Like Bob said, “he/she should have
known better”.  And it sounds like it’s not unheard of for a license to get
pulled, based on the severity of the incident, regardless of whose fault it
really was.

So if you’re not going to actively use it to work for pay, I question the
usefulness of getting one, aside from the detailed training and knowledge you
acquire in the process.

Just my take.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis