I can't address the original question, but to Doug's comment I also swear by 'Knytex,' which is a trade name from one manufacturer. It's biaxial with mat sewn together, without the binders that limit one to polyester resins. Once I discovered it, I never used anything else. You can lay up really strong layers fast, and for things like tabbing in new bulkheads you only need one slap. I used it to epoxy my lead keel to the stub.

Wal

Doug wrote:
A friend of mine that does a lot of glass work swears by the Bi-axial cloth
and epoxy resin.

--
s/v Stella Blue
www.wbryant.com