Stu,

First, thank you for all the work you have put into setting up the list and
maintaining it.  I am glad this topic has come up.  It is somewhat difficult
to follow multiple emails which usually repeat what has already been said.
If it could be done, I'd enthusiastically vote for a forum.

The town that I live in has a social networking forum called Nextdoor
Harvard.  See https://harvardma.nextdoor.com/about_us/.  We have about 6000
residents of which about 2000 have signed up for Nextdoor Harvard.  There is
no cost to operate the forum and it is very flexible.

I get one email a day that summarizes new topics and new replies for that
day.  (One can select getting new topics as they are posted.)  If you reply
to a topic, you'll automatically get other replies as they occur.  There is
a method to control who can be a member.  You can browse by topic.  There is
provision to store documents for download and a classified section.

If you are interested, I'll contact Nextdoor to see if they would allow a
'neighborhood' of boat owners.  I can also find out from the guy who
maintains the forum, what effort is required.

Regards,

Ron

Ronald V. Ricci

S/V Patriot