An important part of the history of the list is the WHY of how it came to be. Originally, Stu's website was photos and scans, etc, and C&C owners all followed a list sponsored by Sailnet. Sailnet got sold out from under us, and after a lengthy discussion hauntingly similar to this one, it was decided that no one wanted to move to another group hosted outside of something that one of us owned and could hand off to another member if that ever became necessary. Without this decision, we would have gone in multiple directions and died off as a group. At that time, there were more than one C&C forums available. We needed ONE common point of communication in order to keep going. I think the list as it is has worked great, and see no advantage to going to a clumsy forum, that would also be competing with dime-a-dozen facebook groups and other web based options. If Stu is having issues maintaining the list, then lets address those issues rather than throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Bill Bina