Stainless steel would be a much better choice than Marlon if you do decide to
replace the exhaust through hull. And a proper exhaust through hull will have a
flap built into it that will keep a following sea from entering the exhaust
hose (and a loop at least 18” above the waterline between the muffler and the
through hull to ensure that water does not get into the muffler and engine).

When I replaced the transom exhaust on Imzadi in 2010 (the OEM fitting was 1 ½”
and pointed up at about 20-30 degrees, and sprayed a rooster tail out the back
of the boat), I bought a 2” exhaust through hull on EBay for a bit over $50.
Here is an example that is on EBay right now, though it is probably too large
in diameter for your boat:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Dog-Corp-Exhaust-Thru-Hull-2-1-2-SS-521125-/141686562677?hash=item20fd2d5f75

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Dog-Corp-Exhaust-Thru-Hull-2-1-2-SS-521125-/141686562677?hash=item20fd2d5f75&vxp=mtr>
 &vxp=mtr